Top Unpaid Overtime Lawyers in California

In California, all nonexempt employees (covered by the provisions of the Industrial Welfare Commission Orders) who work more than eight hours in a workday or more than 40 hours in any workweek are entitled to overtime pay for all excess hours worked. Compensation for overtime must be no less than:

  • One and a half times the employee’s regular wage for all hours worked in excess of eight hours, up to and including 12 hours in any workday, and for the first eight hours worked on the seventh consecutive day of work in a workweek
  • Double the employee’s regular wage for all hours worked in excess of 12 hours in any workday and for all hours worked in excess of eight on the seventh consecutive day of work in a workweek.

Unfortunately, a lot of employers try to get away with not paying their employees the overtime wages that are due to them – and all too often, they succeed. In fact, unpaid overtime remains one of the most common unfair labor practices that happen to Californian workers.

If you have been underpaid or denied overtime wages, do not tolerate this injustice! Assert your rights and get the pay you deserve with help from the experienced unpaid overtime attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm. Our dedicated legal experts are on standby 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call and to direct you towards a positive resolution for your case. To learn more about your rights and best legal options, call us today at (213) 805-8549.

Overtime Violations

There are many tricks crooked employers use to deny their employees overtime, such as the following:

  • Misclassification of nonexempt employees as independent contractors
  • Misclassification of nonexempt employees as exempt
  • Failure to provide all back pay to employees who were reclassified as non-exempt after being labeled as exempt
  • Denial of overtime wages altogether

What to Do If You Are Not Getting Paid Overtime

If your employer is not paying you overtime wages, you must take the following actions as soon as possible:

  • File a complaint with a supervisor or your company’s human resources (HR) department.
  • If your complaint is ignored or you are not satisfied with the response you have received, report it to the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) or the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division.
  • Hire an experienced employment law attorney in case your employer decides to take retaliatory action against you (e.g. fires you).

Taking legal action sooner rather than later will bring you closer to obtaining the wages that are owed to you by your dishonest employer.

Contact Us Today

At Wilshire Law Firm, our team of award-winning attorneys are dedicated to protecting the rights of workers in California. Contact us today to schedule a FREE, comprehensive, no obligation consultation. With 20 office locations throughout the state, we can service you, wherever you are.